The COVID-19 pandemic will change the world and how we move forever. Despite this fact, Slumber Bliss Safe Seat’s crew believes that we will come out of this stronger together! It is imperative that we continue to use many of the same safety and hygiene behaviors post Coronavirus and not become laxed over time. Since there are currently no industry-wide regulations on how well or often airplanes or other forms of pubic transportation must be cleaned, we must do our due diligence to protect our health and safety moving forward. It is critical that we all adapt safe travel practices not only for ourselves, but to ensure that we all stay healthy as Global united front. We are all in this together!
Read the tips below to ensure that we are all doing our part to help protect each other.
1. Frequently wash your hands for at least 20 secs or use a 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer after touching your seat belt buckle, food tray, arm rest, or any other frequently touched surfaces.
2. Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth
3. Whip down your seat back tray with disinfectant or antibacterial wipes. The surface needs to stay visibly wet for about 30 seconds or until the surface is dry, this is when the germ-killing magic happens!
4. Never, never, never put anything in the seat back pockets or try your best to avoid them as much as possible. As we mentioned above, this one of the most unsanitary surfaces on an aircraft.
5. Try to avoid touching the Lavatory door handle and flushing the toilet with bare hands. Still remember to wash your hands!
6. Purchase safe seats to avoid sitting and touched germ and Bactria infested seating area surfaces.
7. Sanitize your hand before and after every meal.
8. Despite hanging a tray table cover or a safe seats cover, we still recommend wiping down your entire area before putting any of these items to use. These area include: arm rests,TV monitor, air valve, call button, and light.
9. Travel with disposable gloves, face mask, hand sanitizer and wipes. Trust us, your immune system will thank you later as you will be protected from your sneezy, runny nose, and coughing seatmate. Yuck! We’ve all been there.
10. Avoid taking off your shoes and walking round barefoot as the carpet rarely gets cleaned. If you wish to have something more comfortable, being a pair of slippers or anything with a rubber sole to protect your feet.
Please Note: This list will not prevent you from ever getting sick while traveling, but it can significantly reduce your chances. Please be considerate of those around you and use fragrance-free products if possible. Passengers may be allergic or overly sensitive to scents. Safe travels!